The HLT33115 Certificate III in Health Services Assistance reflects the role of a variety of workers who use a range of factual, technical and procedural knowledge to provide assistance to health professional staff for the care of clients.
Health and community services sectors are the largest growing industries in Australia, estimated to grow by over 20% over the next five years. This Certificate III qualification will provide students with the entry-level skills necessary for starting a career in the health and social services industries and provide a pathway for those wishing to pursue further study in these fields.
For further information please fill in the "Enquire about this Course" section at the bottom of this page, call 1300 283 662 or email email@example.com.
What Students Achieve
- Nationally recognised Qualification HLT33115 Certificate III in Health Services Assistance
- Recognise healthy body systems
- Interpret medical terminology
- Conducting health checks
- Infection control
- Workplace health & safety
- Cleaning in a clinical setting
- Respond effectively to behaviours of concern
- Assist with the transport and movement of individuals
Units of Competency
The packaging rules for this qualification can be reviewed on Training.gov.au.
- CHCCOM005 Communicate and work in health or community services
- CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
- HLTINF001 Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures
- HLTWHS001 Participate in workplace health and safety
- HLTAAP001 Recognise healthy body systems
- BSBMED301 Interpret and apply medical terminology
- BSBWOR301 Organise personal work priorities and development
8 x Units of Competency – selected by Connect’nGrow
Please contact Connect’n’Grow on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 1300 283 662 for the current course (program) outline detailing all Units of Competency.
This course involves alot of reading and understanding a range of written assessments, as well as engaging in online forums and discussions. As such, entry to the course requires the successful completion of English to Year 10 level or equivalent.
If not completed Year 10 English other ways to demonstrate equivalency:
- Successful completion of a Certificate II level Nationally recognised qualification or higher OR
- 2 Years relevel industry experience in a role that requires the use of written documentation and communication
Part of our Enrolment process all enrolling students must complete our online Language, Literacy and Numeracy assessment.
Computing and technology:
You will need access to a computer or Laptop and reliable internet and have basic computer skills.
You will be required to download Microsoft products including Microsoft teams which is how we host our online sessions the learning material is also accessed online.
Use of handheld devices such as smart phones or iPad’s aren’t suitable, must be a computer or laptop with working camera so you can interact in online sessions.
You will need to be reasonably fit as a role as an AIN involves providing direct physical manipulation whilst assisting with movement or exercise requirements, assisting clinical staff with procedures and transporting clients.
How it is Delivered
We offer this Nationally recognised training in 5 regions throughout Queensland;
- Sunshine Coast
Please note locations are subject to change pending student interest.
Training is delivered via;
- Tutorials held via MS Teams weekly, some are live and we offer a AM 9am to 11am and PM 5pm to 7pm
- Some tutorials are pre-recorded
- Self-paced learning online
- Once a month full day workshop held at a Health Hub in one of our 5 region
- Work placement isn’t mandatory however we encourage students to complete
Connect 'N' Grow® Provides
- World class Learner Management Platform – The CnG Hub
- Nationally recognised training and industry standard assessment materials
- Expert health trainers
- Tailored support for you to complete this qualification
- Immersive education with Virtual Reality
NOTE: RESOURCE REQUIREMENTS (Student required/provided)
- Computer and Internet connection
- A Unique Student Identifier (USI)
- Multiple choice, true/false and short answer questions (online)
- Practical activities and team based scenarios (workshops)
- Workplace Learning Log
- Portfolio of workplace documents
Enquire About This Course
Blended Delivery - online training (self paced and tutorials), reinforced by face to face practical workshops
7 Core Units
8 Elective Units