This qualification has been designed for senior high school students and reflects the role of a variety of workers who use a range of factual, technical and procedural knowledge to provide assistance to health professional staff for the care of clients.
Within Certificate III in Health Services, assistance elective units have been selected from Health, Community Service and Business Training Packages to be contextualised into a Secondary School environment.
Students will gain a range of entry-level skills that will enhance their ability to gain employment within the health industry.
What Students Achieve
- HLT33115 Certificate III in Health Services Assistance
- CPR and First Aid Certification
- Points that count toward your Senior Certificate of Education
- Opportunities to complete a school-based traineeship
- Pathway to tertiary education
- Recognise healthy body systems
- Interpret medical terminology
- Providing individualised support
- Maintain a high standard of service
- Facilitating responsible behaviour
- Promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Cultural Safety
- Recommended completion of at least 20 hours work experience
Units of Competency
The packaging rules for this qualification can be reviewed on Training.gov.au.
Students complete HLT23215 Certificate II in Health Support Services in Year 1 from which some units of competency are credit transferred to satisfy packaging rules outlined for this qualification.
Year 2 (new learning)
HLTAAP001 Recognise healthy body systems
BSBMED301 Interpret and apply medical terminology
BSBWOR301 Organise personal work priorities and development
6 x Units of Competency
Please contact Connect’n’Grow on email@example.com or phone 1300 283 662 for the current course (program) outline detailing all Units of Competency.
Connect ‘n’ Grow Certificate II Program:
How it is Delivered
- Delivered in partnership with secondary schools OR
- Delivered by Connect ‘n’ Grow Trainers at a school or Health Hub
Connect 'N' Grow® Provides
- World class Learner Management Platform – The CnG Hub
- Industry standard training and assessment materials
- Expert health trainers
- Tailored support for you to complete this qualification
- Computer and Internet connection
- A Unique Student Identifier (USI)
- Multiple choice, true/false and short answer questions (online)
- Practical activities and scenarios
- Workplace Learning Log
- Portfolio of workplace documents