This skill set provides you with the skills and knowledge required to prepare and provide medication assistance, and complete medication documentation. It will also provide you with an understanding of how to support clients to self-administer medication.
You will learn about the skills and knowledge required to work with basic information about the human body and to recognise and promote ways to maintain healthy functioning of the body.
This skill set applies to workers within the Health and Community Services Industries with authority within their state or territory to assist with the administration of medication.
What Students Achieve & Skills Acquired
- CHCSS00070 Assist Clients with Medication Skill Set – Nationally Recognised Certificate
- Prepare and assist with medication
- Prepare the client for assistance with administration of medication
- Support clients with administration of medication
- Handle medication contingencies
- Complete medication distribution and documentation
- Work with information about the human body
- Recognise and promote ways to support healthy functioning of the body
Units of Competency
HLTAAP001 Recognise healthy body systems
HLTHPS006 Assist clients with medication
BSBMED301 Interpret and apply medical terminology appropriately
To be eligible to complete this course students must have a Certificate III or higher in an area involving the provision of direct client care or support.
How it is Delivered
Training and Assessment will be conducted via a blend of video tutorials, online learning and practical workshops.
Connect 'N' Grow® Provides
- World class Learner Management Platform – The CnG Hub
- Industry standard training and assessment materials
- Industry standard trainer
- Tailored support for you to complete this skill set
- Computer and Internet connection
- A Unique Student Identifier (USI)
Enquire About This Course
Blended delivery - Face-to-face using an online platform
3 Total Units
Online Theory & Practical